Having an organized closet is the gateway to having an organized room and an organized life. To organize your closet, you'll have to sort through all of your clothes to determine what you really need and find the best way to reorganize your clothes and other belongings. If you want to know how to organize your closet, just follow these steps.
1.Remove all of the clothes from your closet. Take all of your clothes off their hangers and out of any bins or drawers in your closet. Fold them in piles on the floor or on your bed. This includes your shoes as well.2.Decide which clothes you will keep. The clothes you will keep are the clothes that you wear on a regular basis and clothes that you would miss if they weren't in your closet. If you've worn a certain item in the last week, month, or even few months, you should hold on to it as long as it's seasonally appropriate
3. Decide which clothes you will store. You should store the clothes that you won't be wearing for a while because they aren't seasonally appropriate. If it's the middle of summer, you can store your winter sweaters and scarves, and if it's the dead of winter, you can store your tank tops and summer shorts
4. Decide which clothes you will donate or throw out. This is the hardest step, and the most important. If you want to have a truly organized closet, then your goal should be to get rid of as many items of clothing as possible. This doesn't mean you should throw out your favorite things -- it does mean that you should take a long hard look to ask yourself which clothes you will actually ever wear again.
5. Clean the inside of the closet. You should do this before you put back your clothes. Vacuum or sweep the floor, wipe the walls down with all-purpose cleaner, and sweep away any cobwebs that may have accumulated there.
6. Hang up your clothes and organize them. Try to hang up as many of your clothes as you can. This will make it easier for you to find your clothes and to conserve space. You should not only hang up your clothes, but you should also organize them in a particular way so you can easily find them whenever you need to.
7. Put additional clothes in other parts of your closet. Once you've hung up all of the clothes fit on your pole, you should find other parts of the closet to store the rest of your clothes. The clothes that you put in the bins should be used less frequently than the clothes you hang up, or they should be clothes that don't need to be hung up, like your workout clothes.
8. Organize your shoes. Your shoes may take up a lot of the space in your closet, so once you've chosen which shoes you will keep, it's important to make the most of your space by storing them in the most organized and efficient manner.9. Organize any boxes in your closet. If your closet is big enough, then it's likely that you've stored things other than clothes in it, such as big boxes filled with mementos, old photo albums, and CDs you haven't seen for ten years. To finish organizing your closet, you should go through these old boxes to see what you should keep and what you should toss.
10. Organize any additional items in your closet. Take the time to go through any additional items in your closet to make sure that you still need them and that the closet is really the best place for them
11. Make your closet more visually appealing. Turn your creativity loose and think of ways to add pleasure to the routine of getting dressed and looking through your closet every day. If you spend more time making your closet look nice, then you will be less likely to let it get messy in the future.